Monday, February 05, 2007

Some works

I absolutely do not have time to write anything. Actually, I don't have time to be posting anything. It is currently almost 11 o' clock, and I still have about 50 pages to read for English. The rest of Proud Beggars (a good book) and some Aristotle. But I don't have class in the morning, so I'm fine. Point is, I still have tons of homework. Art history quiz on Friday and such... crappy rendition of LCD that should be fixed, but probably wont be... So here's some random pieces of work. Sorry I can't really explain them right now.


This is the first attempt I did at the reflection painting. So much improvement, no?


This is actually the Alphabet, can you see it? We had to do it based on a grid like that and then color it in with color tricks and fun stuff. My teacher liked mine, and so did I.


This is the Tonka Toy I drew over Christmas break. I also did a self-portrait. My teacher took it. I should have it back sometime soon.


This is a self-portrait I just did for LCD. It’s using optical mixtures. I can’t remember the guy who does it… but anywho, the point is that you can only use pure colors in little dots that have to create subtle colors when viewed from far away because your eye mixes them. Does that make sense?


This was my drawing homework this week, the first part. I had to paint a still life using ink in this manner, and I had to paint it like 8 times to practice and get a good one, because the first time with this doesn’t always work because the different greys have to work together right. So this is the painting I came up with. I’m not sure why these are sideways… You’ll just have to tilt your head. Oh, no I fixed it! Hehe. This is 5"x7"


Then we had to scale it HUGE and cut it out of construction paper. It took a lot of time, but I really enjoyed the change of pace, and it was well worth the end result =) coolest project ever. At least one of the coolest. This is 18"x24"


Now for some pictures. More to come, I have a crit on Friday that needs more than 4… The first one was actually from Olympia two summers ago, so you may have seen it.









And this, I can explain later to anyone curious, is the beginnings of a sort of collage project I’ll be doing with the last picture.



Gar there is so much to tell but no time, no time! Maybe if I can get my reading done tonight I’ll have time to write tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home