Procrastination
So first of, my Birthday, shall we? I had a pretty good day. I mean, LCD was LCD, but it was relatively one of the better days, so it was all good. We just worked on a painting design and then started painting it, and I practically finished in class so I didn't have much to do for homework. And I went to yoga at lunch. So until 5, it was pretty uneventful. But then Caitlyn told me to meet her in the Pie Shop after class, so I went down there and it turned out that Hanna and Sophie had contacted Caitlyn and told her to find a flower shop and they were going to order me flowers and have her pick them up, but that didn't work out, so they asked if there was a Starbucks nearby so that she could pick me up a white mocha because almost every morning last year before TryUMF we met at Starbucks and got white mochas so it was SO SWEET and it was such a surprise and it was AWESOME and it made me so happy! And Caitlyn bought me a chocolate cake! =D and then we went into the lounge and she worked on a paper while I called or got calls from Anayaxy (I know, right?! I haven't talked to her in forever!) Grama, mom, and Anna and it was all all at once and it was great!
So then we went over to Family Game night which a bunch of the writing majors have once a week and Morgan was there and she got me a cake and gave me a burned mix CD which is awesome and Adah and Matt made me cookies and bought me icing and then we played Scrabble and I was on Adah's team and we lost HELLA bad which was bad luck, we just had crummy letters. That's my excuse anyways. I LOVE Adah! I don't even think she understands, I never get to see her, barely anyway, and it makes me sad. But Zack, Ronny, Adah, Morgan, Caitlyn, Matt, Janelle (I girl I met recently who is super awesome and sweet) and one other person that I can't for the life of me remember. And later, Davey came down, I know him from SDS. It was fun and awesome to know that so many people were thinking about me!
Then I came back to the dorm and called more people like Jessica, Naomi, Alix, Molly, Tommy, Dad, etc. and it was awesome because everyone from home and everyone from here either called or texted me or left me a message saying happy birthday and I felt super loved! So then as I was talking to Grama, my friend came up and gave me the DAVE MATTHEWS IN CONCERT DVD which is the coolest present ever because Dave Matthews is my favorite! And I spent the rest of the night in the lounge with Caitlyn and Michele and then called a few more people like Sophie and the Xavier called me, and I haven't talked to him since school ended! So that was cool. All around, it was a really good day, but it didn't feel like a birthday, really, just like a fun day. And I don't feel 18, really, any more than I did the day before. It's not the epic change they say it'll be when you're 10. But I knew that already.
There, satisfied? There really wasn't too much to tell =)
So new stuff new stuff... Homeworks YAR! I only have one more week, and my LCD teacher isn't having class because he's just having reviews, so I don't have to go to class until 12:45 and only stay about an hour, and I'm done with my painting, but I do have to write a crazy self-evaluation still… grr... And Video is tomorrow and I finished my project already, so that's no sweat, and for English I need to write another paper which should have gotten done today but seriously, we know my teacher, it doesn't matter, really, so it'll get done... and Drawing is going to bite because I still have to finish my final homework assignment and gather all of my drawings like for the Midterm and put them in order and he's a crazy because we have to spray all of our drawings and that's like 300 or something! I'm going to have to do that Tuesday I guess, but I'm super putting it off AHHHH!!! And then all day, we're going to be drawing the same set up with a model ALL DAY while he calls us out to have our reviews and then takes are best work. I never got to post my midterm assignment with the crazy Library Perspective drawing because he took it! I guess he's putting up our best work at the beginning of the semester and then going to give it back later. So you wont get to see that for a while... And then Art History is also going to bite because I have to study like crazy crazy and take a lame final... but I calculated that I can get a D on the final and still pass... but that's still 12 out of 20 that I need to get right, if there are 20 questions, so I still need to super study... And then Photography is going to be great great I always love printing! And I learned how to spot tone, which is where you fill in white spots that get on your print from dirt on the negative, which is awesome! So that'll be fun, I have to have 12 prints for my final critique and I've printed 7 so far so I'll be fine... gunna spend Thursday printing and studying art history... Maybe I'll have some pictures to post before I leave.
So mostly, I just don’t want to do any more work, but I know I only have one more week and that should be my motivating factor, but somehow, it’s making me want to do it less because I just want to go home! When I get home I’m going to my old school on Monday to visit everyone and I’m having a Birthday party at some point, I just don’t know when yet because getting everyone together at the same time is complicated… I can’t wait to see all of my friends and family and all the people visiting! Yay!
One thing I do need to do is figure out how to keep exercising over break because even though I’m struggling to eat the amount necessary for me to lose weight, I am consistently going to the gym at least, trying to get stronger to get ready for hopefully ballet in the Spring semester! I don’t know if I told you guys about that, but Emily, a girl me and Tommy knew from Ballet, got in touch with me and we were talking and she recommended Steps, which is a studio in Manhattan with TONS of open classes for me to take! The only problem is that it’s like an hour subway ride away. I think I did write about this… But anyways, I’m super excited to probably be taking ballet YAY and getting in shape YAY and now I just need to lose weight! Help, anyone?
Alright, so I believe this will be the last post before I leave, but I might squeeze one more in on Saturday to pass the time. Stupid work… but it’ll get done. I’M COMING HOME IN A WEEK!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home