Oh, glorious tons o' work
Okay, now I've edited this entry and written about the works, so you can make a little more sense of them. Yay. Probably tomorrow I will have a few more things to post from LCD and Drawing.
Drawing!
Okay so this first drawing was my midterm assignment from last semester, and he took it before I could take a picture of it to post on here because he was hanging our work in a show, not even until THIS semester, but he knew we wouldn't bring it back and we had them all there for our midterm reviews, so he took them then. Anywho, it took me 16 hours to complete, if I remember correctly, and it's pretty much the most awesome thing EVER and one of my favorite peices from this year, probably the best from last semester. Awesome, no? I'm a perspective MANIAC!
This is a gradual gesture drawing, meaning the model took a pose for a minute and then move forward into a new pose for a minute, and so forth, so that you create the idea of movement even further on the page. Mostly I just wanted to show you guys my improvement on my gestures, though my figure drawing in general still needs a lot of work. Especially compared to that awesome stripity fabric and still life drawing cause my general drawing rocks.
This was just a drawing in did in an Open Model Session where I was trying to get the idea of cross-contour lines to create volume. I don't know what my teacher would think cause I didn't show him, but I like it.
These next two are the same idea as that awesome drawing I showed you before, working with grey paper and going up and down with white and black to create shadow shapes which create volume. And we were dealing with using ONLY curves (where before we had been using only straight lines, which I hated, by the way) as another way to create volume. I quite enjoy using curves. Way better for me. Both the idea of going up and down in white and black and the idea of using curves just clicks with me better than some of the other stuff we've done. I don't know why the second one is sideways, sorry about that.
Photography!
okay so most of these are from our trip up to Ithaca over Thanksgiving break, which you probably figured out considering everyone is in them including Joe and Elizabeth. I explain those that need explaining...
I really like this one a lot, I llike the textures on the wood and on the water. Up close in better resolution, you can see the droplets of water on the banister. It's a very plain photo which may make it uninteresting, but the textures caught my eye.
Here are two different versions of the same thing. Let me know which one you like better.
I like both of these. I think my teacher likes the one where she's walking on the peir better.
Ah yes, this one. This, I believe, is the refection of a bunch of colored lights onto a mirror. That's why it's abstract like that. My teacher was just very curious what it was, so he had me print it. But I agree with him, it doesn't make any sense without a context, so I wont be using it for my critique. It's a strange one.
I think these rest of these are relitively self-explainatory.


1 Comments:
Bonnie: Whre were the snow scenec taken?
Post a Comment
<< Home