Saturday, November 11, 2006

So, I guess it's about time, huh?

First of all, I received a cry for more pictures of my work, so I’ll start with that. Uh… Drawing I guess. My gestures are getting better because I’m using a technique we used in something else to help them. I switched back to using my right hand, and on Wednesday I felt like I was doing something better, and my teacher agreed that I was a bit. So, for those of you that didn’t understand what the gestures were all about before, maybe showing you some better ones will help? These three examples are pretty good and show the gesture of the figure a bit better. They look more three dimensional, and parts of the body look like they’re going into the page or coming out towards you. Let me know if they help you understand. But yea, I’m getting a bit better. It’s pretty neat.







Then… there have been some Drawing assignments that I really didn’t care for much, so I wont bother with those. But this week we were assigned Hands and a Self-Portrait. I haven’t done the self-portrait yet because I couldn’t bring myself to do it tonight. It is Friday, after all. I wish I could have just gotten it done, though. I spent all of last weekend doing homework. All of it. So I decided I didn’t want to do that again this weekend, so I did my LCD Wednesday night, and my hand drawings yesterday, and I planned on doing my self-portrait tonight, but I just can’t. I need to chill. But anyway, so my hand drawing was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed doing it. I’ll post my self-portrait once I do it. Oh, and I never got to post my major 16 hour midterm 2-point perspective thingy because my teacher kept it, so I couldn’t take a picture of it! So I have no idea when I’ll be able to post that. He’d better give it back…



Then… LCD. Well, there isn’t much to show, but I have one assignment I can post now and then the one I worked on for this week is done, but not finished because we’re finishing in class, so I’ll post that later when it’s completed. But this one is a painting. The project is called illumination. I did okay with it, but there are definitely some things I could fix (but I don’t have to, so I wont. Hehe). The assignment was to create and abstract grid and an abstract illumination of a light that all worked together as a composition etc. which I don’t want to get into because its like all the other assignments we ever have and it’s a lot to explain… It’s just that composition is always important. So that’s that.



Oh, and I forgot! We also had to draw a gourd. We’ve had to do apples and stuff, and on the same token, we had to do a gourd. My apples have all pretty much sucked, but my gourd rocks! We had to think about simultaneous contrast (do we all know what that means? Contrasting colors… is the best I can explain…) So here it is, my beautiful gourd!



Alright, what else? Ah yes, photography. My last critique didn’t produce as many pictures as the first, but I have three decent ones for yah, and my next critique is this Friday, for which I hope to have millions of good ones because I have tons of good pictures from Long Island! I’m pretty juiced! So here those are. But sit tight for next week’s, they’re gunna be really good =) Unfortunately, Caitlyn’s camera is pretty crappy, so these pictures are pretty blurry.







Okay, so in the middle of that I got a call from my good friend Naomi Bee and we talked for 2 hours, so now’s time that I’m going to go watch a movie with Morgan, Great Expectations, to be exact, so I’ll have to finish this later. But that should satisfy you for now. =) I’ll have to finish up talking about school work, though the pictures I have are through, and then talk about yoga and piano and the gym and eating and the ELECTIONS WHOO HOO!!! And friends both here and at home and thanksgiving and everything else! Sheesh. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie: It blew my mind---that painting of the grid!!!!!
Love, Grama

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie: I'm looking forward to the Long Island pictures. The gestures are very cool. DAD

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home