Friday, September 14, 2007

Guess who? Me, duh.

I’m sitting here munching on dried fruits and nuts, and it is tasty! Best thing ever, mangos, prunes, cranberries, seeds, almonds, walnuts, cashews, and a few other things. I’ve been having a little everyday and it makes my day brighter!

I just got back from the city about 20 minutes ago, where I went with Susanna to get colored film developed, shoot a roll, and pick up some photo paper. It took us 4 hours from start to finish! But we got some good walking exercise, which is why I can eat some more trail mix today, and now I have more black and white paper and developed film to make into contact sheets this weekend! I am still a little scared and daunted by the whole color processes, but I’m leaving myself tons of time to work it out and get my stuff done (4 contact sheets, 2 prints) either tomorrow, or Sunday, but probably Sunday. We went, took some pictures to finish up some rolls, dropped our film off near Union Square, walked to 1st, got paper, went to Jamba Juice and got a tasty smoothie for dinner, got our film, and came home. It was a very satisfying trip. And it was fun to both go with someone, and to go with Susanna, because I like her! But she was in my photo class last year and I never really got to know her. She’s both friends with the roommates I almost had, and Spencer and Rachel. Neat. And now I have 2 classes with her, so I’m getting to talking to her. I’m sure we’ll make another trip to get film developed sometime soon, because it’s looking like I might have to go every week…

So, Friday. Digital was fun as always. It’s SO informative! He knows everything and he tells us so clearly and so thoroughly! I a going to learn everything EVER from him! We printed a picture today after learning some color-correcting, but we also learned that they look a lot crisper and cleaner and just all around better on the computer screen, and they come out muddy when you print (millions of colors on the computer versus only thousands on the printer, or something like that, and converting it you lose the awesomely saturated colors) so you have to compensate for that in advance, or after the fact if you see it’s muddy. It kinda sucks, because they look so GOOD on the computer! And the print sucked. So for next week I have to fix it up and try to compensate for that by making it slightly more contrast-y.

We also got our first assignment, other than the breakfast photos of course. It’s sorta neat actually! I’m excited. But I haven’t read the sheet he handed out yet, so all I can tell you is that we have to take pictures that evoke the four elements, earth, fire, wind, and water, as well as a word I forgot, which means “encompassing all,” or something like that. I’ve already though about that last one, so I’ll tell you about them when I know what I’m doing, and eventually post them. They’re not due for 3 weeks (printed beautifully, and all). So that should be fun :)

Art History was good as usual, too. Michele wasn’t there, of course, and she wont be again next week. But I asked him if he got her email, and he was so sweet about it and so glad both that she’d sent him one, and that she’d had me ask. And I assured him she’d get my notes and wouldn’t miss anything. Then I went to the gym, showered, and went to Manhattan with Susanna, which I’ve already told you about.

So, I don’t know what’s up for tonight yet, but it’s still early. I want to get up early tomorrow and go to the Farmer’s Market before yoga so I can get some tasty milk! Also on the agenda for tomorrow: possibly supply and food buying, homework reading, maybe laundry-doing. We’ll see. It might be another day like last Saturday. Either way, it’ll be chill.

Welp, that’s it for today. I’m gunna go cut my negative and put them in sleeve and see what I’ve got to work with! Hope your day went well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home