Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well, so far so good with keeping up this thing. And so far, I’m really enjoying it! So hopefully I’ll be able to keep up the wanting to, because it think that’ll keep up the doing it, even under time constraints.

So, I went to Manhattan all by myself today! I’ve done it before, when I used to go to ballet last year, and probably at least one other time… and yet, today was the first day I really felt comfortable and awesome doing it. I had no problem finding where to transfer and what to do, I got my booty to NY Central art supply store, bought my stuff, paid with my handy dandy debit card (I know, all fancy, right?) and I’m all grown up! Yay! I know it shouldn’t sound like anything special to go into the city like that by myself, but it is. I’m much much more comfortable here now, and much more comfortable doing things on my own, which I need to learn. Responsibilities and stuff. Yeah.

Then, with plenty of time to spare, Katy and Adah were out on Katy’s balcony, so I went up to her room (Adah left for class) and chilled for a bit before head of to the gym and do a 50 minute bike ride, 11 or so miles. Some days I just have that want to push further and longer because… well, I don’t know why actually, but I’ll betcha part of it is feeling good, and part of it is getter stronger, which form a perpetual circle of Bonnie-awesomeness. :)

Then I had Silk Screening. Which was fun as always. He talks a lot, but he wanted to make sure we really understood. It was just that a lot of kids were anxious to actually print today, which we wont be doing until next week. Only like 6 people got ink anyway (which is annoying to me), but my teacher brought in tons and put it in our class locker, so we’ll have all the colors even if some people flake (they’d better not). So, we put the emulsion on our screen and exposed them, and that was about all we did today. But I just got my screen today, so I had to tape it up, and I discovered that my plates (how you make different colors) didn’t all line up, so I filled them in to make sure there were no spots where light could come through. I ended up staying a bit after class to finish up because we started late, and as I already said, he talks a lot, but it’s not boring or anything! I actually really enjoy him, he’s funny and really really nice. And he’s making it very clear that he doesn’t want us to be scared of him, or scared to try things and makes mistakes. He wants to learn who we are, and see what we want to do, not conform us to something he wants or some standard. I like him.

I am REALLY excited about my design! I still can’t tell you what it is, though I will post pictures of the whole process, or maybe just the final product, when I can. We have to bring in 5 things to print on next week. Not sure why, probably practice. So I’ll have five of this thing, haha. That’s okay. Oh my god, this one girl brought in this simply BEAUTIFUL thing to print! It’s this huge tree branches with 3 birds on it made out of dots. I hope to either buy one of her prints off of her, or get a picture. I really like it oh man… it would be awesome if I could just have a paper print so it’s cheep and easy and stuff anyways. The other beautiful one is being done by the other Asian in the class. I’m just sayin… coincidence? I think not.

So next week should be a blast. He sent us a supply list for next week, which is awesome because now I know exactly what I need. Yup. Silk screening is gunna be the COOLEST. I’m finding myself fitting into it and it fitting into me like a glove. Like photography. I hope to possibly take another semester, or at least print on my own (the screen lasts forever if you take care of it). Yay. How exciting!

So I’m still under the belief that my good mood is because of exercising as much as it’s because of being settled in more and taking better classes. I mean, hell, no 3-D (and possibly no World Civ, or world civ. with a better book to read…) would mean this place would be simply awesome-town. But yeah, exercising is definitely a cycle. Once you get over the initial hump, you don’t really want to stop because it puts you in such a good mood, and then you do more, and then yout get stronger, so then you do more and get even stronger. Yay. I’m not sure where I’m at with the whole losing weight thing, but that’s okay because I read somewhere that people who exercise (and diet?) to lose weight have a much harder time sticking with it and keeping it off than those who do it for holistic reasons, like being with friends or feeling better etc. So yeah.

So tonight I made Carrot Pennies, which is a recipe from Pretend Soup, the kids cookbook me and Tommy and mom helped test when I was in pre-school. I ate so much carrots it was crazy! It’s simply carrots cooked in a brown sugar and water solution. sooooo tasty. And then Morgan made carrot muffins with some of her carrots, and that was simply HELLA GOOD. Delicious. Satisfying is the right word. Think about it. How many foods are you like, “damn, that was satisfying!”? it’s not as often as you think, so when it does happen, you notice. It was satisfying and delicious. We’re planning on making zucchini bread next. Yum.


So we’re going to the farmer’s market again, but this time before class so we can get milk. I’ll make sure I go to bed in time to get enough sleep because I hate naps. Tomorrow. I have digital, we’re printing to see how it looks. And then I have art history, I love me teacher, he’s so sweet! After I finish writing, I’m gunna read some art history. I already read for tomorrow, but I never read chapters one and two, and I wanna, so I’m reading chapter one about the Rococo right now, which is a time period I quite enjoy. Afterwards, I’m gunna go to the gym, which hopefully Susanna wont mind, but I really want to go. And then we’re gunna make our way to the city to get out pictures developed. I haven’t taken all of mine yet… so I guess that means I’ll take them on that way. I guess I have to. Oops.

Well anyway, I guess that’s all. I’m getting sleepy, and part of that deleted and I had to re-write it, which was lame. So it was a tad shorter, and I probably forgot some of what I said. But nothing important :) Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home