Oh, Movies
So we talked about movies and movies and movies and books and old friends and school before we left etc. And at around 7:30, he had to get back and wanted to watch... Now I have absolutely NO IDEA what it was called! Wow. Weird. Which is suiting. It was a weird movie. And I mean Weird. But good weird. Not weird weird. Haha. Well, I really wanted to watch Annie Hall, so we decided to compromise, I'd go pick up Annie Hall and we'd watch both (but Annie hall first) and eat dinner at his house and then I'd come home. So that's what we did. I just got home, his mom is real nice, she didn't mind taking me home so late. Max actually drove... That was a bit scary haha not really, but he's still learning. By the way, Max is a friend of mine from Tech who's a grade above me and goes to NYU, so he's right near me! He's such a sweetheart and is that guy who's always calling people to hang out, even though they don't call him, you know? So he calls me, not too often, but with a good space in between, to hang out, which is really nice because he's a good guy and I would have never called him. But he's seen about a million movies, and I've seen maybe 5. No haha but you know what I mean. So his mom made some fruit salad and it was SO GOOD! I love love fruit and I'm practically dying over here because me and Dad haven't been shopping and we have no fruit! So that was tasty. And Annie Hall was a HELLA good movie! I liked it much more than Manhattan. And now I really want to see Matchpoint, because I remember wanting to see it, and now that I understand Woody Allen and figured out that was by him, I'm all for it. And Scarlet Johanson (sp?) just looks like she'd be amazing. But we know me, and I just don't see movies for some reason... so maybe one day. I also need to see Art School Confidential, among many many many others... Max wrote me a list of movies he thinks I should see. I've actually been meaning to collect lists from everyone I know, compile them, maybe see if there are any repeats (because those should be extra good, right?) check out their summaries and watch a million. Back in the day me and Stella had plans to have a major movie night. It was gunna be good fun. Last year for her birthday, we sorta did. Her parents rented a projector and a screen and we watched it out back. It was great. I remember we watched The Fifth Element, is that what it's called? I think so. I quite enjoyed that. And we watched that famous British comedy, which I'm completely blanking on. It'll come to me later and I'll smack my head with my palm. It's so obvious and I can remember all the senses. I hated it.
The other movie me and Max watched was this weird movie about Elvis... kinda. That's all I can really say about it. But it was good. Annie Hall was better. And max lent me Fallen Angels. But I'm scared to watch it alone. It's not a scary movie. Just afraid to watch it alone because I have no idea what to expect. You know.
We argued about Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill (which were both horrible, but he loved) and Crash and Brokeback Mountain (which I loved and he was so-so) and all around had a good time. People should always call me up randomly when I have nothing to do! Movies are good times. If I wasn't leaving, I'd definitely get Netflix. Maybe next summer. =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home