Sunday, July 30, 2006

Smiles

I spent the night at Hanna's house last night. Well, first we went on our date to see John Tucker must die, and it was a really good movie! I mean, it was nothing sophisticated or anything, but nonetheless, very good. Really funny, and we quite enjoyed ourselves. There were very few people in the theater, maybe 12? I want to say. But MAN did we need to pee! We both held it until the end though, and then went to the bathroom (which was a creep one with low stalls!) and had to pee so bad and then we BOTH bumped our heads on the door! It was HILARIOUS! Then we took the bus down College Ave. and stopped at the Crepe Vine and got a club sandwich and a dessert crepe with nutella and strawberries and it was SO GOOD! And Hanna needed to vent, so I listened and it was really nice to hear what she had to say. It always good to get all the sides of a story, and I love to be a listener for people without taking sides or being biased.

So then we took the bus the rest of the way home to her house and... what did we do then? Just hung out for a bit. She went on the computer and was taking to her friend Nate whose parents were actually downstairs eating dinner with Hanna's mom and step dad. They've known that family since forever. Then I almost fell asleep on the floor and Hanna and me were joking about how she was like Michael Jackson because she kept poking me with her toes and I accused her of molesting me. I dunno, maybe some of you don't find that humorous, but I thought it was hilarious. I was also really tired, and you know how you get really goofy when you're tired? Well, that's how it was. Hehe. Then, even though we had already eaten, we went out with Nate and his friend Collin and Esther showed up just as we were leaving and the five of us were trying to figure out what to do after the guys got something to eat and MAN we had no idea. So Esther and Hanna and Collin all wanted me make an Apple pie and me and Nate wanted to go to the graveyard... so three against two, we lost, so we went to Safeway and got apples and went home and didn't even make the damn pie! We made blondies instead and no one bothered to check when we put them in so we took them out too soon, but they were still tasty. Esther fell asleep and we watched Wedding Crashers for a while until Hanna fell asleep and Nate and Collin had to go home. It was good fun.

This morning I woke up a freakin million times because Hanna's step dad was being uber loud but finally Esther and me both woke up at around 11 and were taking for a while. It was nice because I don't know her too well and she's a really really great girl and I really liked talking to her. She's one of those people who you can easily open up to and easily opens up to you. It's too bad we didn't get to know each other sooner. That's the kind of thing that makes me sad to leave so soon... Meeting new people or getting to know people better.

So then after a while, I came home because Hanna and her mom had to take some things to Goodwill, but I called Allison and we're going to get dinner and chat it up at 5:30 because we have SO MUCH to catch up on! I'M REALLY EXCITED! And I called Ykoha and left her a message, so hopefully I'll be seeing her soon this week. And I brought my yearbook and all my sharpies to Hanna's house because she said she wants to write in it every time we hang out this summer and so far, any major time we have I've brought it so that's gunna be really neat to look back on later. It's just too bad I can't have it at the random times we see each other and I'm not prepared! I freakin love that girl SO MUCH and I'm so glad and so lucky to have met her. She's one of a very few friends I have now that I think very possibly could be a friend for life because I see absolutely no problem keeping in touch and picking up where we left off when we get to see each other. You know how some people are like that? When you see them it's like it hasn't been months, only a weekend, and then there are those who it's hella awkward with. Speaking of which, I need a shirt that says "I hella [heart] Oakland" before I leave! Gotta represent! Haha. But seriously, I want that shirt because I love Oakland hella much and it's just such a perfect shirt! Akk the only problem is I said I don't wannabe buying anything. That's annoying. It's a hard commitment with all this brainwashing our society has gone through...

Right now I'm listening to Snow Patrol and I'm trying to find a way to get a picture of me and a song by them up on the blog, but both of those have to be from the internet and boy am I not a computer person... and Molly's not around, so it'll take a bit of time. But what an amazing band! I'd heard of them vaguely, but then I heard of them from Jaydan because we always listened to music in the studio and I fell in love and bought the CD.

I gotta take Gracie out for a walk soon because it's just me and Dad and it's not fair for him to take her out 3 times a day, so it's most definitely my turn. But I'm taking my time until I do that haha. Plus, I love this writing thing. I can really feel that I've been itching to do this for a while because it feels so good to be finally writing everything down. The reason I stopped (I kept a journal for a about 2 months this year) is for two reasons. First, it's really overwhelming when you're super busy, and second, it's really overwhelming when the stuff you have to write down is overwhelming. Yea?

So Hanna's house was amazing, of course, and good god I'm starting to get nervous about College, and more immediately, seeing everyone and doing everything IO want to do before I leave! YIKES! But I am in such an amazingly happy place in my life right now, and I'm just loving in and soaking it all in =D

And Norma, I would absolutely LOVE to come teach English with you! That sounds like so much fun and yea, I could get some amazing pictures! Only problem is that I don't remember very much Spanish at all! I would need to be practicing this year a ton and I don't know when an where to do that. Oh, and how did you leave a comment? Did you have to get your own blog, or can anyone leave a comment if they want? Because I hoped I set it that way, but I don't exactly know what I'm doing! So we'll talk about that for next summer, that would be AMAZING!

*sigh* I'm all smiles =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie,

I'm excited you decided to blog and can't wait to live vicariously as you tell about your college experiences! I loved college and I am sure I would have loved to have a record of my experiences.

And by the way, you are ahead of most people in the world just by having the idea that you are going to change the world!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home