Then I came back to my room because Morgan had to go to class. I was gunna do some homework, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it (I tried, I really did, but I fear that my World Civ. book is going to be quite hard to concentrate on…), so I ready Harry Potter until Silk Screening at 5. I also painted my toenails a lovely red, which I’d been meaning to do because I’ve been wearing flipflops almost every day! Silk Screening was fine, but another introductory class, and I was sleepy so I had to concentrate a little harder than usual. But my teacher seems great, a little hard to follow (I think possibly on account of all the drugs he used to do… only joking… except maybe not haha) and there’s nothing wrong with that because he was perfectly nice, I just get worried when I don’t know EXACTLY what’s going on. Plus, this is something I’ve never done before even remotely, and there’s all sorts of supplies I have to get that I have no idea about, and it’s a whole new ballgame which gets my nerves up because I have that perfectionist tendency. I left the class feeling not entirely sure what I was supposed to do, but it did seem like I could bring in anything fun and that would be fine with him. It sounds like he knows everything there is to know, and if he doesn’t, he loves problem solving. He went to Pratt, graduated in 73 I think he said, then did work for people and on his own, taught at Parsons for over 30 years, and has been at Pratt for 8 I think. He didn’t look quite as old as that all makes he sound, though. Or maybe he did, who knows. He seems a little all over the place, but he seems very nice. Not like some teachers who make no sense and then get angry with you for not understanding, you know? He’s not entirely clear, but he wants you to take things anywhere you want to go with them, so it’s fine. I have to buy a screen and a squeegee and tons of ink and all that sort of fun stuff. My first assignment is to design something I want on a t-shirt, something that works with the idea of being on a body. Should be fun. I know two kids in the class, but only as acquaintances, but I exchanged numbers with Adrienne because she too seemed like she’d like to have some company trying to decipher the class. My teacher, Professor Kirk, really wants us to do things collectively because they work out much better that way, like all buy different inks that we can all use so everyone has access to tons of different kinds without spending a fortune. Stuff like that. I like the sound of it.
I got out early, of course (first week) and I went up to Michele’s because I knew her Grandma was visiting (she lives here in New York) and Michele was making dinner. She made a tasty salad with my help (I told her to make a good salad you simply buy a leafy-green, a fruit you’re in the mood for, a nut, and a cheese if you like, and other veggies, whatever you want, balsamic vinaigrette, and you’re done!) and she found this fabulously easy recipe for black bean soup, and it was also very tasty. You should try it: 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed, a can of chicken broth or vegetable stock, and a sup of whatever salsa you want. Heat them up, blend them up, and there you have it! And it’s REALLY good! She had some homework to work on because she wont be here this weekend to do it (she’s going home for the Greek Festival, which she invited me to, but I have other things I need to take care of this weekend, unfortunately!) so I ran up to my room and grabbed Harry Potter again, and was reading until I came back up here and got ready for bead and started writing this. I’ll read more afterwards too, I’m loving this time to read :)
I have Digital Photography tomorrow with at least Nikki, but probably a few other people I know too, and Art History with Michele right after that. Then I’ll be going to the gym, and then I’ll see what’s up until the evening when me and Katy, Adah, and Morgan are gunna go out for a girl’s night. I’m excited because I don’t know how many Friday nights we’ll actually have time once homework kicks in. I was looking forward to seeing Rabbi Simcha, but I’ll see him soon enough and can see him any Friday I wish, and hopefully very soon, will see him every Tuesday at lunch, so I wanna to hang out with my girls this week :)
Michele’s so cute because she’s eager to cook and plan meals for the two of us, and it’s a lot of fun! She has a blender and we’re enjoying smoothies, so tomorrow for breakfast, we’re making a mango, kiwi, papaya smoothie! How good does that sound? Grama, the papayas are the canned ones you sent me last year towards the end of the year but I never got a chance to eat them! I put them in storage and they will be fabulous in a smoothie! :) And then I think she’s gunna make some sort of lunch and bring it to Art History (she doesn’t have a morning class, and I don’t have time for lunch in between my classes) which is so nice of her. But I can just bring an apple and a oatmeal bar and that would be great too :)
So stuff to do is starting come… I need to get supplies and go to Salvation Army and get working-clothes that I can get filthy doing projects and start taking pictures and actually working on homework and all that jazz. Yikes. I’ve been doing really well eating healthy and going to the gym, and I don’t want that to change, but part of my success is that I’ve had plenty of time to concentrate on it. So now I’ll just have to work it into everything else as part of the routine. Gah. I’m already stressed because I’m worrying about the stress I know is coming. That’s nutty.
Well, I think that’s all for tonight. The first week is almost over! At least you all will have a story of the beginning if nothing else when I run out of time :) Now back to Harry Potter!


1 Comments:
Hi Bonnie
Fresh Mangos are really good this year and cheap!
I was thinking of you when I cut it open,
Things seem to be going well for you. Don't let yourself get stressed. Just do the very best you can. Things do tend to fall into place.
I lpve you
Grama
Post a Comment
<< Home